Sports fans across Australia have a new opportunity to access tickets to high profile Games events including Basketball finals, Netball, Athletics, Gymnastics and lower priced category Ceremonies tickets from Sunday 5 March at midday (AEDST).
As ticket orders from other Games allocations are being finalised, Games organisers have released 125,855 additional tickets to the Central Ticket Pool, including those to previously fully subscribed events.
“We are delighted to make available additional tickets to the general public, particularly to a number of sports that had previously been unavailable,” Games CEO John Harnden said.
“These tickets will be available on a first come, first served basis and won’t last long.
“Starting at just $15, this is a great opportunity to be a part of a special celebration.
“We continue to be pleased with interest in the Games from around Australia and look forward to the eyes of the world turning to Melbourne in just 12 days time.”
Additional tickets available in strictly limited numbers from midday Sunday include:
- Lower priced categories of the spectacular Opening and Closing Ceremonies,
- The gold medal Rugby 7s playoff on the night of Friday March 17,
- Finals of the men’s and women’s Basketball on the evenings of March 23 and 24,
- Lawn Bowls,
- Finals of Hockey and Squash,
- 18 sessions of Netball, and
- Saturday March 25 - the final night of Athletics (including the relay finals) at the redeveloped Melbourne Cricket Ground, as well as Thursday March 23, expected to feature Jana Pittman.
All of these events were previously fully subscribed.
A very limited number of Opening Ceremony tickets will be available from midday Sunday in the lowest priced category of $100.